The Nancy M. and Howard L. Terry Student Center is comprised of the dormitory and the dining hall, the Meadows Education Center, and an outdoor pavilion. In the mid-1960s, Miss Ima Hogg acquired Alfred Wagner’s house, where he lived with his family from 1931-1958, and some sixty acres surrounding it to adapt for use as a conference facility. Located across the road from the historic structures at Winedale, Miss Ima retained one room of the original Wagner house when adapting the structure for its new purpose as student housing. The conference space was dedicated in 1990 with a generous gift from the Meadows Foundation. The pavilion was added in 1996 by a group of former Winedale volunteers. A seven-figure renovation of the dormitory and dining hall was completed in 2016 thanks to a gift from Nancy M. and Howard L. Terry for whom the collective facility is named.
The dormitory, dining hall, pavilion, and the Meadows Education Center are used each summer by The University of Texas at Austin’s Shakespeare at Winedale residential program and at various times throughout the year for Winedale programs and events. When not in use by the university, these spaces are available for rent by colleges, schools and nonprofit organizations for educational meetings and retreats.
For information on reserving all or part of the Terry Student Center conference facility, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 979-278-3530.