Preserve. Support. Inspire.
Join us in supporting Winedale as a place of learning and understanding Texas History through education, research and public service.
The Friends of Winedale, founded in August of 2014, is a 501(c)3 non profit organization dedicated to helping support ongoing preservation of Winedale, a research collection of nineteenth-century structures and their period furnishings situated on 225 acres in Northern Fayette County, Texas. We are an all volunteer group of interested people, resident both locally and in nearby cities who have come together to support this unique place and its collections.
Interested in helping preserve Winedale?
Your gift can make a difference.
Learn more about all the great work we are doing at the site,
past, present and future projects at Winedale funded by gifts like yours.
Winedale is located four miles from Round Top, Texas, and is the legacy of Houston philanthropist Miss Ima Hogg, one of the nation’s early preservationists. In 1965, she donated her collection of 19th Century Texas Architecture and artifacts to the University of Texas at Austin as a laboratory for university students to explore a variety of disciplines. Winedale is one of the signature teaching and research collections of the Briscoe Center for American History at The University of Texas at Austin.
Free Tours Second Saturdays
Lewis Wagner House
Saturday, Sept. 11, noon to 3 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 9, noon to 3 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 13, noon to 3 p.m.
The Briscoe Center for American History, including Winedale, is open to visitors by appointment only. Please visit www.briscoecenter.org/winedale or call 979-278-530 for the latest information.
Upcoming Winedale Programs and Events
Texas Exes Family Morning of Service & Picnic!
SATURDAY, APRIL 23 | 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
@ UT BRISCOE CENTER’S WINEDALE HISTORICAL CENTER | 3738 FM 2714, Round Top, Texas 78954 | briscoecenter.org/winedale
Please RSVP that you are coming and direct questions to:email@example.com or call 713-542-2857 Ed Ellis.
• Who: All Texas Exes Fayette County, their families, and guests.
• What: Morning of service to fulfil the Chapter’s requirement for a service event during the year and to bring the Chapter members and their families together.
• Schedule: Work day from 9 AM to approximately 11:30-11:45 AM then lunch provided by the event sponsors. You may stay to enjoy the facilities afterwards.
• Tasks: General spring cleanup with tasks designated and supervised by Winedale staff. There will be tasks for all ages. This is a 225 acre facility so there is plenty to do. Examples include painting, weeding, mulching, planting, and roadside clean up.
• Dress:Burnt orange spring cleanup attire with sunscreen. Please bring folding lawn chairs if you like.
• Activities for kids: Fishing (there is a large lake), exploring, hanging out with parents doing service for UT.
Now is your chance to visit Winedale up close and to help Winedale get ready for the spring and summer events including perennial Shakespeare at Winedale.
Friends of Winedale is an all volunteer 501(c)3 non profit organization dedicated to supporting Winedale, a division of the Briscoe Center for American History at The University of Texas at Austin.
Donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Friends of Winedale P.O. Box 402
Round Top, TX 78954
Tours of Winedale
Tours of Winedale are available for groups of 10 or more by appointment. A self guided tour with a map is also available. Please check in the Visitor Center.
Monday – Saturday:
10:00 am – 4:00pm
Sunday: 12:00 – 4:00 pm
Visitor Center Information